I very rarely have baked goods – too much butter, oil, refined sugar and refined carbs.
The misses has just nailed a really simple combo… Big tick on being healthy, easy and tasty.
|Chai almond slice – 3 ingredients|
Chai Almond Slice (3 ingredients, 20 min)
– 1 Jar (250g) Chai Spiced Almond Spread (use MiLA’s)
– 1 egg
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– optional crushed walnuts/almonds
Combine all ingredients and fill 1.5cm thick in a greased baking tray. Bake at 175 degrees for 16 minutes fan forced (check after 14 min as ovens vary). Remove from oven to cool for 10 min, cut into 8-10 slices and serve.
Suppose to serve 4-5 people, but I ate the whole thing in two sittings. The waft of the chai spice once baked is amazing and the texture is slightly chewy. Also on the nutrition front:
– Good source of fats and high protein
– Gluten and dairy free
– No refined sugar (naturally sweetened via minor amount of honey in the spread)
– No refined/processed carbs or added oils
Note – crushed nuts give some texture, but can be added before or after baking.