I’m a big advocate of good nutrition and generally stick to unrocessed foods with quality protein and lots of good fats. I really don’t restrict carbs but focus on starchy vegetables or wholegrains.
My post long run smoothie is simple, healthy and tasty.
|Banana cocoa almond smoothie|
Banana Cocoa Almond Smoothie
– 2 Frozen Ripe Bananas
– 1 1/2 Cups Vanilla Almond Milk
– 2 Tbsp Almond Spread (I use MiLA’s)
– 2 Tbsp Raw Cocoa Powder
Combine all ingredients into a blender and drink immediately.
It’s highly nutritious, simple to make and provides a good mix of carbs, protein and quality fat.
– protein 13g
– fat 23g
– saturated 2g
– carbs 69g
– sugar 30g
– calories 494
Disclaimer – this is a double serving size, so if you’re not on a 3,000+ calorie diet, maybe share it with a loved one or make it a meal.
Variations you say?
– more protein – greek yogurt or protein powder (vanilla or chocolate)
– more fibre, good fats and protein – chia or flax seeds
– more sweetness – dates or honey